Making digital engineering a reality with projects of all size
« Digital transition is the key to understand and take action towards the improvement of urban developments and the strategies of the cities”
The setec group is engaged with the innovation research and development in order to face today’s urban challenges and build tomorrow’s desired and durable territories.
Digital data has become a decision-making factor in order to react to all these changes. We are convinced that the BIM, and the CIM in the larger scale, is a key to this enhancement by its principles of structuring and value-management of the project data.
The BIM has become essential in the work of our teams and we include it in all our projects.
Our experts provide solutions based on BIM from the tender stage to the operational and maintenance stage of projects. Their ability allows them to write the contractual elements of your BIM projects (specifications, scope, BIM Execution Plan, …).
setec tpi is currently at the avant-garde in terms of BIM in infrastructures and we already implement it in our highways, rail and structures projects.
This strategy, which has been developed in numerous projects, allows for a more efficient interface management from the early design stage and gets ahead of the project’s constructability issues via a detailed works phasing.
Our goal? Launch the BIM strategy before the projects’ design stage, keep it during the works execution and finally provide the Project Owner with its infrastructure’s BIM model as much reliable and detailed as possible for its exploitation requirements.
setec tpi includes within its experience the design and construction management of large projects where the design of the infrastructures and their BIM management are efficiently combined. Projects such as:
- Grand Paris Express Line 15 West: Design BIM Management
- Grand Paris Express Line 15 Southwest: Construction support and supervision BIM Management
- Conseil Départamental de l’Hérault: Project Owner Support BIM Management
- EOLE station: Design BIM Management
- Riyadh metro: Design BIM Management
- EPT Plaine Commune: Project Owner Support BIM Management
setec tpi bases its projects’ BIM strategies on industry specifications such as “Guide méthodologique de rédaction d’une convention BIM” published by buildingSMART but also in-house BIM project management specifications based on the standards NF EN ISO 19650 or BSI PAS 1192 for our international projects.
Furthermore, setec tpi and the setec group take part in the mediaconstruct association and actively participate in the national research project MINnD (“Modélisation des informations interopérables pour les infrastructures durables” – www.minnd.fr) in the UC8 section (Industry Foundation Classes for underground infrastructure and geotechnics), the UC3 (IFC for bridges) and the GT5.1 Use of Data – Data modelling (retro-engineering) in design / build where setec leads.
setec tpi is technically capable of controlling and supervising projects thanks to its understanding and ability with the required software, such as:
- Modelling software: REVIT / TEKLA / AUTOCAD / CIVIL 3D / INFRAWORKS – COVADIS / ADFER / ARMACAD …
- Numerical computation software: PYTHAGORE / ANSYS / SAP2000 / ETABS / ROBOT STRUCTURAL / ARMATEC / BEAMTEC / SYNCHRO 4D…
- Coordination software: NAVISWORKS MANAGE / TEKLA BIMsight / A360…
- 3D models’ review software: DESIGN REVIEW / SOLIBRI / BIM Collab Zoom / IFC File Analyser / MODEL CHECKER…
- Programming software: DYNAMO, …
- TECHNICAL THEMES
setec tpi’s know-how includes the following technical themes:
- Projects’ compliance control and audit
- Quantity and estimation analysis
- Project completion rate and planning analysis
- Project design’s pre-synthesis: Clash detection and reporting with Navisworks manage and integrations of these clashes in the 3D modelling software
- Production and verification of buildings’ site plan (AutoCAD CIVIL3D to Revit)
- 3D model data extraction and its arrangement in data tables
- GIS data use
- Integration of construction projects in their environment (InfraWorks)
- Present the project’s design data and model (Revit+CIVIL3D+Covadis) in a realistic InfraWorks 3D model
- Data transfers between software
In order to observe and interpret BIM model data and use other digital tools, setec tpi includes a dedicated space within its office: the BIM Room.
Equipped with a tactile table, a big screen, VR and AR devices and high performing computers, the BIM Room allows our teams and clients to work more efficiently when having design or planning coordination meetings, 3D model synthesis and projects works’ supervision, all in BIM.
The 3D models’ reviews conducted in the BIM Room allow their analysis using facilities adapted to provide the project with higher quality results.