The two tubes of the Neuilly tunnel, one of four lanes, the other of three, opened in 1990 and 1992 respectively. Their securing is part of the more general one in the region of Ile-de-France of all the underground structures of at least 300m.
The contract aims to harmonise the safety of the tunnel as per the recommendations of the technical instruction of Circular No. 200-63 with regards to safety in French road tunnels.
- Double-tubed urban tunnel with intense traffic, restricted for TDG
- Tunnel length 440 m
- Reversible semi-transverse ventilation
- Two ventilation facilities
- Creation of 2 additional emergency exits
- Compliance with the performance of the smoke extraction system
- The complete overhaul of the electrical architecture
- Checking the fire resistance of structures
The tunnel structure was the subject, according to the recommendations of the CETU guide of March 2005, of a non-linear thermomechanical calculation under the in-house developed PYTHAGORE software (including the calculation of thermal diffusion in the concrete and of the self-stresses thus generated, and the flaking). This allowed to determine an optimal program for installing thermal protection plates on the walls.
The aim is for the tunnel structures to achieve a resistance level N1 +, i.e., it will be able to withstand an HCM fire for 60 minutes and a CN fire for 120 minutes, up to a level N3 locally (CN 240 and HCM 120).
setec tpi has developed a calculation tool (Pythagore fire module) for performing G3 level calculations for checking the fire resistance of structures.
This G3 level allows to optimise the areas that must be equipped with passive protections to ensure the required levels of fire resistance.
setec tpi, in partnership with setec its, undertakes the full Design & Construction Project Management of the securing of the Neuilly tunnel on the RN13 (National Road), in accordance with the recommendations of the technical instruction of circular no. ° 2006-20 relating to safety in road tunnels longer than 300m.
- Diagnosis (DIA)
- Preliminary design (AVP)
- Project Design (PRO)
- Tender documents (DCE)
- Works execution design (EXE-SYNTHESE)
- Construction project review and approval (VISA)
- Supervision of construction works (DET)
- Assistance to the contractor for the acceptance of works (AOR)
- Scheduling, control and coordination (OPC).
Client: DIRIF – Interdepartmental Roads Department
PM JV: setec tpi, setec its
Project cost: 8,2M€
Duration: 2009 – 2015