The RER E western extension will link the Haussmann Saint-Lazare station to Mantes-la-Jolie via La Défense and Poissy. The execution of this project is required for several reasons: reduce congestion on the RER A line, improve accessibility to Seine–Aval as well as access to the Gare du Nord, Gare de l’Est and Charles de Gaulle airport stations.
- an approximately 8 km long standard tunnel section and special connections in both ends (Nanterre la Folie station and Hausmann Saint Lazare station).
- two underground stations comprising 225m long platforms:
- Porte Maillot station, located between the Palais des Congrès and the line 1 metro station
- La Défense station, located below the CNIT
- Ancillary shaft-type structures laid out along the tunnel path: emergency exit and access points, ventilation/smoke extraction, water evacuation.
These new underground infrastructures were subject to preliminary studies carried out by setec tpi in 2010 and 2011.
- 6km tunnel using a tunnel boring machine
- 2km tunnel excavated using conventional method: Haussmann Saint-Lazare crossover chamber
- Crossover chamber East and West of La Défense
- Covered and open cutting at Nanterre la Folie
- Maillot station located between line 1 metro station and the Palais des Congrès car park
- La Défense station located below the CNIT
The services provided by the consortium include the design studies and works project management (preliminary design, working design, client assistance, construction management and supervision, assistance during acceptance operations) for the structural works, non-structural trades, electromechanical equipment and low voltage equipment for the track and catenary between the rear of the Haussmann St Lazare station and the Nanterre-La Folie station.
- the project management within a mixed management team working with Egis
- the La Défense station and the structures to both ends of this station
- the railway interfaces
- the route
- the track
Client : SNCF Réseau
Design Joint Venture : setec (lead contractor) – Egis Rail – Agence JM Duthilleul
Period : 2012-2022