The project is in the centre of the business district of la Défense at the old Esso headquarters site.
Two offset slim towers rounded on their sides and three low buildings in the same style arise perpendicularly to la Défense, proving the façade over the square with more amplitude.
The project was constructed entirely in reinforced concrete. The wind bracing forces are mainly contained by the two cores of each of the two towers and by the tower-to-tower core. The wind stress forces were tested in a wind tunnel in Colorado.
A complete finite elements model was produced to analyse the dynamic and static behaviours of the tower.
- Design of the towers’ structure.
- Creation of the execution drawings of the low buildings.
- Control of the execution drawings.
Client : TANAGRA
Design joint-venture :
- Architect : Jean-Paul VIGUIER
- Technical design & engineering department : setec
Main contractor : Bouygues Immobilier
Period : 1998